Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Cool bit for Phillips screws

On 8/12/2015 4:33 PM, John McCoy wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

Geez, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, and everybody else sell the same 10
buck box of bits that fit just about everything. I'm sorry, but
"don't have bits" is a crock. The only reason they have Phillips bit
is that they bought them in a store.

That was my thought too. Not so long ago, it took work to
find a Torx or Robertson bit. Now, tho, the stores are full
of bit assortments that include straight, phillips, 3 or 4
sizes of Torx, a couple of Robertons and half a dozen small
hex sockets.

Where were you looking? Now I will admit that I have a pretty long
automotive back ground but I bought my first Torx screw driver in 1975.
They were pretty plentiful at all the auto supply stores.
I sis not look at Craftsman but that probably would have been my seconds
guess back then.