jm

Default 250v to 120v

The set will be used in Canada.

I'm wondering if the tv can be easily and cheaply set up to run on 120v by
changing the power supply.

Alternatively, I thought about re-wiring the set with an appropriate North
American style 240v plug - the electrical panel is located on the same wall
as the TV so getting a 240 circuit installed wouldn't be too difficult. My
concern with this is whether the set will work properly on a 240v 60hz
system when it was designed for 250v 50hz.

What do you think?

"Rein Wiehler" wrote in message
news

jm wrote:
I was recently given a Phillips 33FL1785/61R television. It is a

250volt,
NTSC model.

I realize this may sound like a crackpot idea, but could this be

converted
to run on 120v? Would swapping out the power supply do the trick?

I tried contacting Phillips and did a google search to no avail. I'd

hate to
throw this thing out if it could be salvaged.

Thanks in advance

hold it. Important here is to know where do you want to run this TV.
In europe or north-amerika?
It is a NTSC set, but where are yo located?
rw