Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw push stick or push block or ???

John McCoy wrote:

Best idea is to do both. You can buy featherboards that will
lock into the miter gauge slots on the tablesaw, which makes
them very convenient to use; and make several more to clamp
to the router table or a fence or other places where there
isn't a slot.

That's what I use. I made my own out of scrap of 1x4. They work like a
top.

Certainly once you've used them you realize how simple and
effective they are for controlling the work.

Absolutely. The older I get, the less inclined to take some of the chances
I used to take in my younger years. I've come to really like my
featherboards and my claw that I push with.

--

-Mike-