Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw push stick or push block or ???

In article ,
says...

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in
eb.com:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in

*snip*

Those push sticks that do not hold the work down scare the hell out
of me. They keep your hands away from the blade but do nothing to
keep the work from being lifted and thrown back at you.

http://www.harborfreight.com/push-stick-33279.html

The closest I've ever been to a major accident on my table saw was
caused by that style of push stick. It was homemade, but the same
concept...

Yeah, I had one like that, too. I think Delta used to supply
a drawing for that style stick in their manuals (cut it out of
the manual, glue to a piece of plywood, cut plywood to make
stick). I never felt comfortable with it.

John

The delta manual with that plan is one of the links from the article.

That's actually similar to the design I use to move "well controlled"
stock through. With featherboards on top and side the board isn't going
anyewhere unless it rips the fence off in the process and the notch
helps me keep the stick where I want it. But sometimes the stick has to
be narrow to push under the featherboard (yeah, I know, I need to make
up some thinner featherboards for those cuts.