Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw push stick or push block or ???

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in news:55BD3B1B.1080500@swbelldotnet:

*snip*

Those push sticks that do not hold the work down scare the hell out of
me. They keep your hands away from the blade but do nothing to keep the
work from being lifted and thrown back at you.

http://www.harborfreight.com/push-stick-33279.html

The closest I've ever been to a major accident on my table saw was caused
by that style of push stick. It was homemade, but the same concept...

A safer push stick is super easy to build, or you can *gasp* buy one. (I'd
avoid the "high tech" or mousepad style pushers for table saw use.)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.