Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default table saw push stick or push block or ???

Swingman wrote in
:

On 8/1/2015 10:36 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
I use a push stick and a shoe type push block out of plywood veneer

i use the shoe type the most so i like that one the best

which style do you reach for

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/
EWoodShopJigsFixturesMethods?noredirect=1#56849189 28011997682

Mine is similar to that, except the handle goes the other way.
I don't like the designs that put the hand in front of the
notch pushing the board, because I think they can rotate
around the front and lift the notch. I think the hand needs
to be behind and above the notch so the line of force goes
thru the notch into the board.

That's for the table saw. For the bandsaw and router table
I just use any handy piece of scrap with a flat side. On
the jointer I use push pads on top of the stock.

John