Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw push stick or push block or ???

In article , lid
says...

no doubt this topic comes up once in a while

here is a variety
http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2009/07...rom-table-saws

I use a push stick and a shoe type push block out of plywood veneer

i use the shoe type the most so i like that one the best

which style do you reach for

Chrome is giving me a netnanny warning on that site. Went into it on
Linux and there is a nice collection of pushblock designs.

The links all go offsite. The ones that aren't broken I included below
for anyone who is interested.

http://www.woodsmithshop.com/downloa...-pushblock.pdf
http://www.provenwoodworking.com/tab...ush-stick.html
http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/2005/06/10/ws/
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodwork...aw/thin-strip-
rippin-pushblock/
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodwork.../tip-ride-the-
rails-for-safer-ripping/
http://www.cvwa.org/Guide/Guide005.html
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodwork...kickback-dont-
let-it-happen-to-you/
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodwork...safety/finger-
saving-push-blocks/?page=1
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...Push_Stick.pdf
http://www.timelesstreasuretrunk.com...html#pushstick
http://www.knottyplans.com/index.php?page=20042
http://www.grampasworkshop.net/push%20stick.PDF
http://media.ptg-online.com/media/dm...20031020153937
_En912859-10-20-03.pdf
http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/2009/06/18/sn/
http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/2007/05/25/sn/
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodwork...-planing/sure-
grip-jointer-pushstick/
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...ticle.aspx?id=
28490

In answer to the original question though, it depends on what tool I'm
using and what the setup is. Some of my setups have the stock
completely controlled by featherboards or other supports and all the
stick has to do is move it through the blade. For others more control
is needed and I use various kinds depending on the particular cut.