Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw push stick or push block or ???

Electric Comet wrote in
:

no doubt this topic comes up once in a while

here is a variety
http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2009/07...11-push-stick-
plans-save-your-paws-from-table-saws

I use a push stick and a shoe type push block out of plywood veneer

i use the shoe type the most so i like that one the best

which style do you reach for

I've got two: One is simply a short 2x4 with a little tang on the back
(simple and fast to make) and the other is a longish piece of plywood
with a handle shaped like a handsaw handle.

I usually grab the 2x4 for thin cuts (I consider it extremely
sacrificial) and the plywood for thicker cuts.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.