Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Why Is Festool Allowed To Fix Its Prices?

On 07/26/2015 5:08 PM, Leon wrote:

But seriously have you got a jig that will allow your plunge router to
cut these? Keep in mind the bottoms of these mortises are 27mm from the
very end of these pieces of wood, not the surface that the mortise
begins. And the 5mm bit will not cut a 27mm deep mortise. The bit has a
shoulder that prevents this deep of a plunge cut. The mortises have to
be cut "after" the 1/2" deep and 1/2" wide section of material is removed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

No, but I would simply cut a standard tenon on the rail and the matching
mortise on the stile instead...same end result although I'd probably not
both with cutting the tenon down but leave it full width as it would
take more handwork otherwise.

I don't quite get the purpose of the overlapping front edge, anyways,
though??? One's got a but joint visible from the front either way so
there's no difference in precision in length or squareness or anything
to get the fit...