Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default 2016 Accord face lift and still has V6 with MT

"J. Clarke" wrote:
In article 1290271644459583658.585579lcb11211-
, says...

"J. Clarke" wrote:
In article ,
says...

"John McCoy" wrote in message
. ..
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Let me be the first to say that (as a Honda fan) I'm glad they didn't
go as aggressive with the front grill as the new Toyota Camry has.

Yeah, I don't understand this current fad for huge grills
on small cars either. I swear, some of them are big enough
to put the radiator from a semi-truck behind (and all for
a little 1.4l 4-banger).

John

Look what Lexus has done to the grille on all their cars.

Dave in SoTex

That fad comes and goes.

The '66 Toronado is still a beautiful car nearly 50 years later. For
1970 they beat it to death with an ugly stick, and a huge new grille was
a big part of the uglification. Can't even blame it on the Feds--the
bumper-uglification law didn't go into effect until 1972.

I think the large grills looked great on the early 70's Camaro z28s with
split chrome bumpers.

It wasn't really all that large by the standards of the time. I am
conflicted about that model Camaro. When it first came out it was
stunning, but to my eyes it hasn't aged all that well. Still, 70-72
models looked a lot better than the later ones with the rubber baby
buggy bumpers.

Agreed! Even considering the new retro Camaros none have had the design
appeal as the 70-73 models. Rubber bumpers have always looked like the
loosing result of a compromise.

I think the most vulgar compromise was the first attempts in 74 to replace
the chrome bumpers with the lethargic play dough inspired front ends of the
Malibu. I was absolutely clueless why a single 74 Malibu ever moved off of
the dealers lot. But thinking back there are people that bought the
Citreon and Pontiac Aztec.