Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default 2016 Accord face lift and still has V6 with MT

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 18:48:06 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
m:

Unless GM has changed drastically, expect to replace blower motors,
compressors and alternators. When I was selling GM parts for the
dealer these parts were fast movers. When I was the GM for an
AC/Delco wholesaler probably 35% of our floor space was dedicated to
those 3 items. That was 20 years ago but up to that point there did
not seem to be any desire by GM to correct the problem.

Funnily enough, all those things were problems on my S10
20 years ago. I gave up on it after the clutch slave
cylinder locked up - turned out it hadn't been properly
bled at the factory, and the clutch was randomly not fully
engaging - so togther with the clutch slave cylinder I
needed a new clutch and flywheel, and, because the AC drain
had been misrouted, a new right side exhaust manifold (they
had to cut the old one out because the studs were too rusted).

On the bright side, in taking out and putting back the engine
they fixed the ABS (connector had evidently worked loose).
On the not so bright side, the brakes worked much better with
the ABS disconnected.

My complaint with the Tundra is that it is not wearing out. ;~)

You have a ways to go to catch up with my 01 F150 (new in
Nov 2000 - needs a paint job, but otherwise fine).

I drove the wheels off (literally) my '01 Ranger. The frame and
mounts was so rotted that the rear leaf springs were resting on what
was left of the frame. I bought a '13 F150 *shortly* after. ;-) A
new truck was no more expensive than a used one, at the time.