Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Actual Woodworking ;~)

On 7/19/2015 9:27 PM, Sonny wrote:

In essence, I am not totally pleased with my hand cut mortises, despite their being fairly good.

And highly likely to be plenty sufficient to do the job.

Taking a look at xrays of M&T joints in antique furniture will disavow
you of the idea most old time woodworking was somehow the epitome of
precision when done by hand.

Sure, there are a few bespoke "master works" with precision joinery, but
most product of the old time woodworker wouldn't pass the muster of
today's imaginary magazine standards, which are driven by advertising
dollar, in pursuit of a perfection that rarely ever existed in practice.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net