Mark D. Zacharias

Default Cordless Phone - No Sound From Earpiece Speaker

Probably a cracked circuit board or broken solder connection(s).

Mark Z.

wrote in message
{Old message posted 2002-09-13 in comp.dcom.telecom}

Hi all,

Writing in as a last resort to find out how I can fix this phone. It's
a Panasonic Cordless Speakerphone with both a base and handset dialing
keypad. Has been working great until yesterday, when the handset fell
and hit hard on the ground. When I press the 'TALK' button on the
handset, all the LEDs on the phone light up as if it's working, I can
even dial a number on the handset and turn on the speakerphone and
it'll be working fine -- all the features on the handset works
absolutely ok except the sound from the earpiece. There is NO dialtone
on the earpiece. The mouthpiece works great too -- I put the handset
on intercom, and you can hear anything you say over the mouthpiece
over the base speaker.

I opened the handset unit, and there are absolutely no broken parts,
the LEDs light up fine, even the handset on-screen display works
great, you can program and all -- just as if nothing happened, but
there wouldn't be 'any' noise from the earpiece unit.

Seems unfair to junk this phone just because the earpiece speaker part
isn't working -- and every last programmable options, dialing, etc
works fine, plus cost about a couple of hundred bucks.

Any suggestions will be most helpful,

Thanks in advance,

Nataraj Dasgupta.

------------------

I know this response is a little late, but maybe it can help someone
else searching for answers, like I was.

I had the same thing happen to my cordless Panasonic phone. kx-tc1450
The speaker in this phone has wires in it smaller than the size of a
human hair. A shock to the handset breaks the wire(s) inside the
sealed speaker.

If you have basic soldering skills, you can order a new speaker and
solder it in. I orderd mine from http://www.partsolver.com/ $8.27
usd.

Dwight.