Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Gun/China Cabinet is Assembled - Pics

On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 8:22:26 AM UTC-5, Lee Michaels wrote:

Looks nice, like it has been there a hundred years or more.

Thanks. The finish on it is water based Varethane Floor Finish, 3 sprayed coats. It's a little too shiny, but it may dull with use. If not, I may burnish it, to give a less new look.

I remember gun cabinets. I have not seen them in awhile. Politically incorrect and all that. But that is OK.

As the camp is, we don't have any good place to stash the guns & ammo, during hunting season. They are usually scattered about, beyond the "living" areas. This cabinet should help.

Same with hanging hats, coats, etc., hence, the next project is a coat rack-bench combo.

Whether folks use the cabinet and coat rack, as planned, is another question. We have lots of small tools, hardware, odds and ends, etc., there, and I brought two work benches, with drawers and/or shelves, and hung a pegboard, to store and accommodate stuff, keep all that stuff neat and tidy. Often times, seems no one knows what neatness & tidiness is. Those work benches and adjacent areas are a mess.

I don't have much of the hand hewn boards remaining and most of them are short boards. I need a small project to complement the, later, China cabinet.