Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Gun/China Cabinet is Assembled - Pics

The "light colored" pics were taken with the camera. The "dark colored" pics were taken with the phone.

I still need to make the drawer handles, probably from coiled copper tubing.

For demo, the only guns at the camp are a pellet rifle and a BB gun.

I filled some of the holes in the "desktop" with the hand cut nails I pulled from the old lumber.

I didn't have full extension drawer slides and I'm not crazy about the ones I had/used. If we have problems with the drawers, I'll change the slides.

The shelves are easily removed. When I'm dead and gone, this cabinet may end up with someone who doesn't want it as a gun cabinet, so I made shelves, should someone want to use it as a China-type cabinet.

This was a fun project and I liked the idea of using old hand hewn lumber.... kinna had to improvise the mating of almost all sections, since there were no straight edges. For the panel assemblies, I did joint the mating edges, though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...h/19307548606/

Sonny