Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Checks !

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 19:42:57 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Spent this afternoon finishing up a gas check maker , from plans I
got on the 'net . I wasn't quite as accurate as I could have been ,
but it turned out well and the checks are a nice snug fit on the
shank of the slugs I cast the other day . Next project is going to
be a sizing die for those same slugs , they're a coupla thou
oversize as-cast .

Cool! which one did you build?

Using Aluminum eave sheet?

Gunner

It's the one with the slot and the forming pin in the part that sits on
the ram . I still need to pick up a 10-32 flat head screw to hold the
forming pin in place , but it works just swell . I'm using some .010
aluminum flashing from an 8" wide roll . Probably got enough for 100,000 on
that roll ... and there's a roll out there that's 24" wide I got for
covering bee hive outer covers . I doubt I'll ever need any of that one .

--
Snag