Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
oparr oparr is offline

Default Miniature end mill help

On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 12:53:36 AM UTC-4, Grokman Grokman wrote:
There's a tona**** he http://www.ebay.com/bhp/1-8-end-mill
Mostly 1/8 shank, but shouldn't be a problem to make a bushing iffin u really need a 3/16 shank.
Some of it works out to 80c ea, carbide. Yeah, u want HSS and alladat, but sheeit, 80c????

Also, 4 fl ought to be ok for 1/16 sheet. If u got cnc, I'd just move up/down in Z while cutting in X, to spread the chip load, if that would even be nec.

Cheapest at MSC is $12-15.

Yeah, have a few 1/8" shank carbides from Ebay, but tool holder changes are a PITA. My "runs" incorporate 1/16" and 1/8" EMs along with #2 center drills for countersinking (CNC countersinking metal using EM holder is nirvana) and already have several of these with 3/16" shank except for 1/8" EMs. Have a few from 3/16" shank miniature sets that were reasonably priced but individual ones aren't commonplace it seems.

MIC and me are friends.