Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grokman Grokman Grokman Grokman is offline

Default Miniature end mill help

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:16:41 AM UTC-4, oparr wrote:
Guys, please help me find some end mills with the following specs;

Material: HSS
Flutes: 2
Cutting diameter: 1/8"
Shank diameter: 3/16"
Other: Center cutting - preferably double ended - less than $5.00 each

I do have the above in end mill sets but need several of this one size. This is for cutting 1/16" 6061/6063 aluminum.

Searched Ebay and Aliexpress to no avail. Can get cheap (and do have) solid carbide 1/8" shank ones but really prefer 3/16" shank HSS.

Thanks!

There's a tona**** he http://www.ebay.com/bhp/1-8-end-mill
Mostly 1/8 shank, but shouldn't be a problem to make a bushing iffin u really need a 3/16 shank.
Some of it works out to 80c ea, carbide. Yeah, u want HSS and alladat, but sheeit, 80c????

Also, 4 fl ought to be ok for 1/16 sheet. If u got cnc, I'd just move up/down in Z while cutting in X, to spread the chip load, if that would even be nec.

Cheapest at MSC is $12-15.