Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dcap Dcap is offline

Default communication problem

replying to David Billington , Dcap wrote:
djb wrote:

Not always the case, I spent 20 years in software and did RS232 stuff
many many times and it all depends on how the maker wired their kit and
whether they considered it DCE or DTE and what is at either end. RS232
comms probably causes more problems than anything I can think of. I've
needed straight through on some applications, null modem?, and crossed
on others, then of course if handshaking is added into the mix other
signals may need to be added or pulled to an appropriate state to
satisfy flow control.

Hello djb, I am trying to get my software DeskCNC to communicate with a
second generation controller for my cnc refit.
I am a EE and have tried all i can think of trying a third computer setup
presently.
I was aware of the DCE and DTE differences even thru a 2 to 3 flip block
in during testing.
i am not sure if the software is getting to the port, i do have adjustment
for he port number in the ini file but that has no
guarantee function.
im about to sell all this hardware and license on eBay and give someone
else my money.

Thanks for your input

--
posted from