Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting Stuff

Good Idea, but after towing the mower around the place and into and over
places that might have been not in the way - bumps and limbs -
I don't see any wear on the sleeves. They are dry and if sand flies
through it keeps going. So far so good.

Guess My job of Tera-plane the back yard is about to start. After
building a 28x70 foot building on three times the area raised (7' in the
back of the yard and normal height near the house - the number of
sand trucks and cement trucks did a number on the back field. The
Rotary will be used instead of a Dozer with laser. A little more work
here and there. The front end loader will be in high use as well.

Martin

On 8/3/2015 9:52 AM, dpb wrote:
On 08/01/2015 10:27 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:

...[rearranged for sequencing to make narrative continuous]...

On 8/1/2015 11:56 AM, dpb wrote:

Well, had to go out this AM for spare parts for combine to get ready for
milo...hadn't driven down the equipment line for the small stuff before.
Anyway, there were 3 or 4 Frontier 3-pt mowers and a blade or two and
a few other odds 'n ends. Other than the one smallest mower (48") which
did have Cat 0 pins, all the rest were Cat 1 lift pins.

I'm still thinking that the previous surmise is correct based on that
sample...

The Deer[e] stuff is 1 1/8 heavy steel. While the other parts could be
used
on multiple tractor grades by changing bolt positions and maybe the Pin
spacer.

Just a note (and particularly if you are having trouble munging up the
sleeves so have to replace them)...

If I had that type of gear and the only tractor on which I used it was
Cat 1, I'd just replace the Cat 0 lift pins with Cat 1 and ditch the
adapter sleeves entirely...

Just a thought...