Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Lifting Stuff

On 07/30/2015 5:27 PM, dpb wrote:
On 07/30/2015 3:17 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 07/28/2015 12:19 PM, SteamboatEd Haas wrote:

Just guessing, but a first shot approximation...

From the size of the tractor, and giving benefit that the 3-pt is Cat
1, not Cat 0, I'm guesstimating by measuring from the pictures that the

I figured OP would be back and tell me where I was wrong altho I noticed
today in rechecking the photos on the first page of his notebook it
might be 1-1/4" X 1/8" tubing...if I get a little time this evening I'll
maybe try to recheck the guesses...

I can't make any more definitive estimates than before but if it is
1-1/4" instead of 1", the same stress levels are at about 350 lb vs 200...