Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting Stuff

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 07/28/2015 12:19 PM, SteamboatEd Haas wrote:

... the second, a jib crane, is a bit of a stab in the dark
and I'd appreciate comments on the design. It's not intended to pull
a big engine out of a truck or anything like that, but it should be
capable of lifting the steam engine or boiler out of my boat.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamb...57655170041438

Just guessing, but a first shot approximation...

From the size of the tractor, and giving benefit that the 3-pt is Cat 1,
not Cat 0, I'm guesstimating by measuring from the pictures that the

I am not sure of the exact size of the pictured tractor, but my rather small
(33HP) 4wd John Deere has a Cat 2. A commercial farming buddy of mine
looked at it one day and said it was the smallest cat 2 setup he had ever
seen, but it was definitely cat 2.