Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Captain Obvious Captain Obvious is offline

Default One-handed pullups

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:44:03 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 20:39:22 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:35:16 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

The heated grips would be nice. It reminds me of the time that I
burned slats from a picnic table in the grill at a highway rest stop
in Ohio, to warm my hands in March, riding my Triumph Tiger.

Yeah, been there. Once melted holes in my glove cuffs trying to dry
them out on a bare lamp bulb in a motel room. That was after doing a
couple hundred miles on wet roads covered in leaves and wondering how
close it was to freezing up. Come to think of it, that was only a half
day from you, on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. That was motorcycle heaven back
then, probably clogged with lumbering motorhomes now.

Not as of 6 years ago. My son was at college in Lexington, Virginia,
and we drove up and down the Blue Ridge several times each year. It's
still beautiful, and usually not crowded at all.

Good to hear. I do plan a trip that direction, hopefully next summer
before I get too old. Who knows, maybe I'll still have the energy to
relive some of my misspent youth, flashing my underside to tourists.

Oh oh, I just wrote underside... cue the harpies!