Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold McKinney Harold McKinney is offline

Default One-handed pullups

On 7/28/2015 9:03 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 11:28:45 PM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:
On 7/28/2015 8:14 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:53:10 PM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:
On 7/28/2015 7:18 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:22:26 PM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
On 7/28/2015 3:16 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 2:13:18 PM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
"Though I tried a fast rep of 25 pull ups [chortle] and started getting
some chest pressure at 20 [chortle], yesterday. I cant do more than
about 5 one handed pull ups anymore..sigh..old age is creeping up."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...o/rOC-Y63ENh8J

A scant three years later:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...22097241260450

gummer has never done even a single one-handed pullup, of course.
gummer has never been able to do 25 pullups. At age 53, 210 lb, gummer
couldn't do *one* two-handed pullup.

Awwww, Gummer, Moi is proly yer biggest fan here. Only fan?? LOL
But goddamm, 1-handed pullups?? Those are hard to find even on youtube! You need gymnastic level strength/wt ratios to pull these off. The guys that can do these are sinewy bean poles. Frank Medrano might be one who can.

Not so hard to find:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndhsgC2wCU

This guy did 10 before he had to stop. He's not a beanpole; gymnast's
build, probably about 150 lb.. He looks to be about 30 or so. gummer
said that at age 53, 210 lb, he could do five. Bull****.

I never attempted any, but I bet I could have done a couple in my early
30s. I went on a big pullup kick then, and got to where I could do 19;
never quite reached 20. I was about 150 lb, and lifted weights
regularly. I should have tried it. Today, I'd dislocate a shoulder for
sure.

Dood, u didn't see my link where the last guy did 22?

Not all in one set he didn't.

Dood, what fukn video were u watching? It was one set. You are allowed "rests" as long as u don't leave the bar. The rules vary with the contest and/or calisthenic. ALL the sets shown in that vid were for 1 continuous set.

He did a bunch, rested, did a bunch more,
rested some more, etc.

which is allowed in a set. AND, the rests were VERY short, still under full bodyweight. The bigger complaint is the kipping.

gummer claimed to do five in one lump at age 53
and 210 lb. He didn't do it. As I said, it is not credible that he
*ever* did so much as a *single* one-armed pullup.

I certainly wouldn't bet a large amount on Gummer, unless you gave me great odds. But then I would have lost my shirt of the 400 lb guy who banged out 15 chins. And so would you. But I learned. You haven't.

And how do you know he could NEVER do one? You don't. You may have odds in your favor, because it is a relatively rare feat, but you don't know.

But, since Gummer bashing is the lot of your miserable li'l life, you could never entertain otherwise, right? OK, I understand.

And the motorcycle thing. So what if 264 was misrepresented. Maybe it was 175. So what?
Have you ever done 125 mph on a bike? I have, and then some. It was such a feat I'd feel entitled to up to 264. So what. Get a fukn life, unless swinging from Gummer's dick IS your life.

gummer is a liar. you ought to find better things to do with your time
than to defend a chronic and congenital liar.

Dood, you (and Harold) couldn't even properly interpret the simple fukn video I linked, and now you assholes are to be trusted on your interpretation of what is a lie and what isn't? You and your crystal ball?

I'm not defending Gummer and his assertions. I'm saying it's not worth the stalking.

No "stalking." That's settled. You need to move on to something else.