Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Larry:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:03:40 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 07:21:05 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 22:03:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:43:41 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Ive got a BIG...Makita hammer drill. Uses hex drive shanked
bits..slightly larger than the older Milwaukee hex shank bits.
Want it?

It uses hex shank bits...I may..may have (1) of that type

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concert-Dril...-/390965829703

I think the shank is 13mm. Its bigger than my old Milwaukee hex shank
bits. Does come with what looks like a new 2" cup bit and a long
extension.

No..you are not getting my spline drive demo hammer drill.

Oh, I thought that was first offered. My mistake. What I've been
looking for is a small to medium sized demo hammer to break up
concrete fence post bases. But since I'm retiring from the larger
jobs, I don't really need one as much any more. If the Makita is a
freebie, by all means bring it.

Nope..Im not sure what was first offered. I have the following:

Whatever it was, it was a spline drive and had a metal box, IIRC
through the fog of sinus death.

Milwaukee Hex shank rotary hammer drill
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milwaukee-Ro...-/171867635839
Skil Hex shank rotary hammer drill
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4799dc9919.jpg
(Both it and the Milwaukee use the same hex shank drill bits and I
have them up to 36" long

Makita spline drive rotary hammer drill
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAKITA-HR385...-/111717660048

Makita hex drive rotary hammer drill which looks very similar to the
above drill, but uses a slightly larger hex shanked bit than does the
Milwaukee/Skil drills.

I also have a small Dewalt hammer drill in a case, that doesnt work
(think the switch is bad)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEWALT-DW510...L-/12171417046

and my beloved
Hilti Te 5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HILTI-TE-5-R...-/181723003289

The Hilti is the only rotary hammer that I own that is actually SDS
shanked.

If you want to take the Dewalt into a service center..Ill give you the
drill. Id be more than willing to give you the Skil as well, but I
cant let go very many bits...its a shank I use a lot with the
Milwaukee. Humm..the Dewalt may be SDS shanked as well, come to think
of it. It looks nearly new. Shrug.

I could probably get by with just the Hilti (which lives in my service
truck) , the Milwaukee and the Makita spline drive

I dont know which would be easier to find bits for..the Skil or the
Makita hex drive. Your choice. Ill toss in the Dewalt as well.
I buy my bits at swap meets and on Ebay.

Yeah, that's the style I've been looking at in HF catalogs. Whichever
one works best, OK? I should be able to buy a switch for the Dewally,
too, I would think. Danke mucho, monsewer.

Both have hammer only/turn and hammer switches

That's what I'd like to find!

No idea if I have any chisels though..Ill make a note and look.

Excellent. I wonder if HF has any bits whot'd fit.
http://tinyurl.com/q4lbwap Y'think?

Id swear I had a Star Bit demolition hammer..didnt turn..just hammered
hard, with an assortment of star bits. Ill see if I can find em. Woda
sworn it was a B&D Industrial...Ill start digging when I get back.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-AND-DE...-/221836753943

That doesn't look like it, but I do remember the word "star" from that
day for some reason. I didn't see any bits in the box and it looked
like it would be a dinosaur tooth to find, but the box didn't make it
home with me.

So you did get my email. I was wondering. Ya never call, ya never
write. g

Ayup..being on the road..I get a backlog of emails and have to spend
some time looking through them.

I figured as much.

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess