Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Larry:

Ive got a BIG...Makita hammer drill. Uses hex drive shanked
bits..slightly larger than the older Milwaukee hex shank bits.
Want it?

It uses hex shank bits...I may..may have (1) of that type

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concert-Dril...-/390965829703

I think the shank is 13mm. Its bigger than my old Milwaukee hex shank
bits. Does come with what looks like a new 2" cup bit and a long
extension.

No..you are not getting my spline drive demo hammer drill.

Want a picture..I can shoot one quick like and put it up on the Picasa
site. Ill be leaving in the morning for LA, but will be back Friday
nite, plenty of time to keep finding Stuff.

Gunner, collecting stuff for a Monday rondevious/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:43:41 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Ive got a BIG...Makita hammer drill. Uses hex drive shanked
bits..slightly larger than the older Milwaukee hex shank bits.
Want it?

It uses hex shank bits...I may..may have (1) of that type

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concert-Dril...-/390965829703

I think the shank is 13mm. Its bigger than my old Milwaukee hex shank
bits. Does come with what looks like a new 2" cup bit and a long
extension.

No..you are not getting my spline drive demo hammer drill.

Want a picture..I can shoot one quick like and put it up on the Picasa
site. Ill be leaving in the morning for LA, but will be back Friday
nite, plenty of time to keep finding Stuff.

Gunner, collecting stuff for a Monday rondevious/

Its a model MA-2714 and has one core bit and extension and what looks
like a 1" bit

Looks like this one..but nicer

http://www.listlux.com/newyork/a,41,...amford-ct-.htm

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive got a BIG...Makita hammer drill. Uses hex drive shanked
bits..slightly larger than the older Milwaukee hex shank bits.
Want it?

It uses hex shank bits...I may..may have (1) of that type

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concert-Dril...-/390965829703

I think the shank is 13mm. Its bigger than my old Milwaukee hex shank
bits. Does come with what looks like a new 2" cup bit and a long
extension.

No..you are not getting my spline drive demo hammer drill.

Oh, I thought that was first offered. My mistake. What I've been
looking for is a small to medium sized demo hammer to break up
concrete fence post bases. But since I'm retiring from the larger
jobs, I don't really need one as much any more. If the Makita is a
freebie, by all means bring it.

Want a picture..I can shoot one quick like and put it up on the Picasa
site. Ill be leaving in the morning for LA, but will be back Friday
nite, plenty of time to keep finding Stuff.

So you did get my email. I was wondering. Ya never call, ya never
write. g

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive got a BIG...Makita hammer drill. Uses hex drive shanked
bits..slightly larger than the older Milwaukee hex shank bits.
Want it?

It uses hex shank bits...I may..may have (1) of that type

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concert-Dril...-/390965829703

I think the shank is 13mm. Its bigger than my old Milwaukee hex shank
bits. Does come with what looks like a new 2" cup bit and a long
extension.

No..you are not getting my spline drive demo hammer drill.

Oh, I thought that was first offered. My mistake. What I've been
looking for is a small to medium sized demo hammer to break up
concrete fence post bases. But since I'm retiring from the larger
jobs, I don't really need one as much any more. If the Makita is a
freebie, by all means bring it.

Nope..Im not sure what was first offered. I have the following:

Milwaukee Hex shank rotary hammer drill
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milwaukee-Ro...-/171867635839
Skil Hex shank rotary hammer drill
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4799dc9919.jpg
(Both it and the Milwaukee use the same hex shank drill bits and I
have them up to 36" long

Makita spline drive rotary hammer drill
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAKITA-HR385...-/111717660048

Makita hex drive rotary hammer drill which looks very similar to the
above drill, but uses a slightly larger hex shanked bit than does the
Milwaukee/Skil drills.

I also have a small Dewalt hammer drill in a case, that doesnt work
(think the switch is bad)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEWALT-DW510...L-/12171417046

and my beloved
Hilti Te 5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HILTI-TE-5-R...-/181723003289

The Hilti is the only rotary hammer that I own that is actually SDS
shanked.

If you want to take the Dewalt into a service center..Ill give you the
drill. Id be more than willing to give you the Skil as well, but I
cant let go very many bits...its a shank I use a lot with the
Milwaukee. Humm..the Dewalt may be SDS shanked as well, come to think
of it. It looks nearly new. Shrug.

I could probably get by with just the Hilti (which lives in my service
truck) , the Milwaukee and the Makita spline drive

I dont know which would be easier to find bits for..the Skil or the
Makita hex drive. Your choice. Ill toss in the Dewalt as well.
I buy my bits at swap meets and on Ebay.

Both have hammer only/turn and hammer switches

No idea if I have any chisels though..Ill make a note and look.

Id swear I had a Star Bit demolition hammer..didnt turn..just hammered
hard, with an assortment of star bits. Ill see if I can find em. Woda
sworn it was a B&D Industrial...Ill start digging when I get back.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-AND-DE...-/221836753943

Want a picture..I can shoot one quick like and put it up on the Picasa
site. Ill be leaving in the morning for LA, but will be back Friday
nite, plenty of time to keep finding Stuff.

So you did get my email. I was wondering. Ya never call, ya never
write. g

Ayup..being on the road..I get a backlog of emails and have to spend
some time looking through them.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:03:40 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:
ooopps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEWALT-DW510...-/121714170461

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive got a BIG...Makita hammer drill. Uses hex drive shanked
bits..slightly larger than the older Milwaukee hex shank bits.
Want it?

It uses hex shank bits...I may..may have (1) of that type

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concert-Dril...-/390965829703

I think the shank is 13mm. Its bigger than my old Milwaukee hex shank
bits. Does come with what looks like a new 2" cup bit and a long
extension.

No..you are not getting my spline drive demo hammer drill.

Oh, I thought that was first offered. My mistake. What I've been
looking for is a small to medium sized demo hammer to break up
concrete fence post bases. But since I'm retiring from the larger
jobs, I don't really need one as much any more. If the Makita is a
freebie, by all means bring it.

Nope..Im not sure what was first offered. I have the following:

Whatever it was, it was a spline drive and had a metal box, IIRC
through the fog of sinus death.

[...]

Yeah, that's the style I've been looking at in HF catalogs. Whichever
one works best, OK? I should be able to buy a switch for the Dewally,
too, I would think. Danke mucho, monsewer.

Both have hammer only/turn and hammer switches

That's what I'd like to find!

No idea if I have any chisels though..Ill make a note and look.

Excellent. I wonder if HF has any bits whot'd fit.
http://tinyurl.com/q4lbwap Y'think?

Id swear I had a Star Bit demolition hammer..didnt turn..just hammered
hard, with an assortment of star bits. Ill see if I can find em. Woda
sworn it was a B&D Industrial...Ill start digging when I get back.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-AND-DE...-/221836753943

That doesn't look like it, but I do remember the word "star" from that
day for some reason. I didn't see any bits in the box and it looked
like it would be a dinosaur tooth to find, but the box didn't make it
home with me.

So you did get my email. I was wondering. Ya never call, ya never
write. g

Ayup..being on the road..I get a backlog of emails and have to spend
some time looking through them.

I figured as much.

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
ooopps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEWALT-DW510...-/121714170461

I have the HF equivalent of that one, and damnear smoked it the first
day. It has kept going for the past year+, though. It doesn't have
the capability of hammer only, though. Only straight drill and hammer
drill, both rotational.

Ping - Larry Jaques Sonny Woodworking 4 November 2nd 12 02:17 PM
[Way OT] Ping Larry Winston Metalworking 1 March 17th 12 03:15 AM
Ping Larry Jaques diggerop Woodworking 84 November 16th 09 04:15 AM
Ping Larry Jacquesoff Gunner Asch[_4_] Metalworking 15 October 6th 09 04:19 AM
Ping Larry Blanchard Leon Woodworking 10 May 30th 08 09:50 PM