Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Gummer: Q on rotary hammers, hex vs. SDS

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:05:58 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 05:57:20 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

Why did rotary hammer bits go from hex to SDS?
Seems like change for profit$ sake, but maybe there's a real reason.
Other dickless sages, like the worthless Whoyakidding and his castradi posse, are of course free to (worthlessly) chime in.

A very good question indeed. No idea whatsoever. Ive got only (1)
functional SDS drill and it could have been a hex with no issues.

Dunno. I've never had an SDS driver. It may have been for the
retention, though. How are the hex bits retained?

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess