Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting Stuff

"SteamboatEd Haas" wrote in message
Well I finally got rid of the 'portable' gantry I built 30 years ago; it
just got to the point where I'm not physically able to break it down and
move it around very safely any more. I built a couple of smaller widgets
that I can put on my little Kubota tractor. The first one is a real kluge
and works well enough to move trailers around the meadow but the second, a
jib crane, is a bit of a stab in the dark and I'd appreciate comments on
the design. It's not intended to pull a big engine out of a truck or
anything like that, but it should be capable of lifting the steam engine
or boiler out of my boat.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamb...57655170041438

Your portable gantry could probably lift things much heavier than your
Kubota tractor can.