Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteamboatEd Haas SteamboatEd Haas is offline

Default Lifting Stuff

Well I finally got rid of the 'portable' gantry I built 30 years ago; it just got to the point where I'm not physically able to break it down and move it around very safely any more. I built a couple of smaller widgets that I can put on my little Kubota tractor. The first one is a real kluge and works well enough to move trailers around the meadow but the second, a jib crane, is a bit of a stab in the dark and I'd appreciate comments on the design. It's not intended to pull a big engine out of a truck or anything like that, but it should be capable of lifting the steam engine or boiler out of my boat. https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamb...57655170041438