Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_2_] Gerry[_2_] is offline

Default Stainless steel L bolts

On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 12:15:57 PM UTC-5, Gerry wrote:
I need to make up some SS L bolts to go on a friend's boat trailer. I am wondering how easy it will to be to either bend allthread in a sharp 90 or thread the blind end on ss anchor bolts with a die nut. Talking about 1/2" rod. Any suggestions?

It's an old boat with an old boat trailer. It used these L bolts to hold the "bunks" None of the local dealers have anything like the parts needed because of the age and we'd rather not have to start modifying the trailer to make new design parts work. I've never bent 1/2" SS rod before. CR would be easier but in a few years I'd be back to square one because of rust. Boat/trailer sees salt water use, hence the desire for SS. Thanks for the suggestions!