Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rudy Canoza[_3_] Rudy Canoza[_3_] is offline

Default Philadelphia man murdered by 13 and 14 year old black teens

On 7/17/2015 8:15 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 07:34:32 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:08:44 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:51:34 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 7/16/2015 6:53 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html

I guess we ought to ask how 13 and 14 year old boys
in Philadelphia managed to get hold of a pistol?

Jeez, Chris, you should know that. Thanks to the NRA, anybody can get
one, anytime, anywhere.

We're awash in guns. Our regulations on purchasing are a joke, and the
NRA has successfully lobbied to strangle funding for serious
background checks or enforcement. Private sales are wide open in most
states -- no paperwork is even required in many states. Theft is
easier than almost anywhere; we have no security requirements at all,
in most places. So lots of guns wind up in illegal street sales. And
the sellers don't card the buyers for their age.

Maybe they should pass a law that says that 13 or
14 year olds are prohibited from carrying guns?

Sure. That will do it. Outlaw street sales to minors while you're at
it.

Not sure how the pictures were taken of the two
boys, but they don't look friendly.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Strange you know. When I was a kid growing up in "up state" New
Hampshire I would guess that perhaps 1/3rd of the homes in town had a
firearm or two in the corner and farm families were probably 100%
equipped.

But strangely enough I can't remember any "gun crimes" so apparently
guns don't commit crimes

Another point that might be considered is that alcoholic beverages
were totally banned in the U.S. for a period, which of course meant
that no one could not get a glass of beer anywhere in the U.S.

But banning guns will eliminate gun crimes ?

It would be interesting to know how the culture of crime and the
evolving culture of guns in the US fed off of each other to become the
culture of death.

Most guns are owned by whites, and most whites don't murder. What would
be more interesting to know is how violence became so deeply ingrained
in black culture.