Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Philadelphia man murdered by 13 and 14 year old black teens

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:51:34 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 7/16/2015 6:53 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html

I guess we ought to ask how 13 and 14 year old boys
in Philadelphia managed to get hold of a pistol?

Jeez, Chris, you should know that. Thanks to the NRA, anybody can get
one, anytime, anywhere.

We're awash in guns. Our regulations on purchasing are a joke, and the
NRA has successfully lobbied to strangle funding for serious
background checks or enforcement. Private sales are wide open in most
states -- no paperwork is even required in many states. Theft is
easier than almost anywhere; we have no security requirements at all,
in most places. So lots of guns wind up in illegal street sales. And
the sellers don't card the buyers for their age.

Maybe they should pass a law that says that 13 or
14 year olds are prohibited from carrying guns?

Sure. That will do it. Outlaw street sales to minors while you're at
it.

Not sure how the pictures were taken of the two
boys, but they don't look friendly.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 7/16/2015 6:53 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html

I guess we ought to ask how 13 and 14 year old boys
in Philadelphia managed to get hold of a pistol?

Jeez, Chris, you should know that. Thanks to the NRA, anybody can get
one, anytime, anywhere.

It never occurred to me even to try to obtain a gun when I was 13 and
14. Of course, I was brought up to obey the law and eschew violence.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 7/16/2015 6:53 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html

I guess we ought to ask how 13 and 14 year old boys
in Philadelphia managed to get hold of a pistol?

Jeez, Chris, you should know that. Thanks to the NRA, anybody can get
one, anytime, anywhere.

It never occurred to me even to try to obtain a gun when I was 13 and
14. Of course, I was brought up to obey the law and eschew violence.

I owned my first rifle at age 11; my fifth Sharpshooter bar by 14; and
had bagged at least a hundred ducks, rabbits, pheasants, and squirrels
by 13.

But I was brought up to obey the law, too. And the culture that
surrounded guns, the one in which I grew up, was about hunting and
target shooting.

Thanks to the evolution of gun culture, it's now about killing people.
We've moved from dreaming about a Purdey double shotgun with Skeet #1
and #2 chokes, to dreaming about a "tactical" semiautomatic rifle
that's too feeble for ethical hunting of deer, but just right for
shooting people at night.

Kids notice.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 7/16/2015 6:53 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html

I guess we ought to ask how 13 and 14 year old boys
in Philadelphia managed to get hold of a pistol?

Jeez, Chris, you should know that. Thanks to the NRA, anybody can get
one, anytime, anywhere.

It never occurred to me even to try to obtain a gun when I was 13 and
14. Of course, I was brought up to obey the law and eschew violence.

I owned my first rifle at age 11; my fifth Sharpshooter bar by 14; and
had bagged at least a hundred ducks, rabbits, pheasants, and squirrels
by 13.

I was taken shooting as a boy, but I didn't own any guns myself, and
certainly never sought to obtain a handgun.

But I was brought up to obey the law, too. And the culture that
surrounded guns, the one in which I grew up, was about hunting and
target shooting.

Thanks to the evolution of gun culture, it's now about killing people.

I have two handguns locked in a gun safe. It never occurred to me to
take one out and murder a man walking his dog at night.

Some cultures are more predisposed to violent crime than others.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

True, but the formerly mainstream hunting and target shooting gun
culture has evolved into one that is mostly about fantasies about
killing people. Take a look at the covers of _American Rifleman_ these
days. They look like the old covers of _Soldier of Fortune_.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Have you forgotten about Redskins and Nazis?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:55:00 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Is there something about a football team and dead Germans that's worth
remembering?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

They say memory is the second thing to go.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I don't know. I used to know, but I forgot. g

Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Where the hell did he pick up that little gem? NYT?

I have two handguns locked in a gun safe. It never occurred to me
take one out and murder a man walking his dog at night.

Some cultures are more predisposed to violent crime than others.

True, but the formerly mainstream hunting and target shooting gun
culture has evolved into one that is mostly about fantasies about
killing people. Take a look at the covers of _American Rifleman_
these
days. They look like the old covers of _Soldier of Fortune_.

--
Ed Huntress

Have you forgotten about Redskins and Nazis?

Ol' Weird Ed shouldn't own guns. He refuses to acknowledge that 99%
of gun owners don't do bad things with them. Only the criminals do.

Suicide is no more a "gun crime" than hit-and-run is just a "moving
vehicle accident".

--
The business of America is not business. Neither is it war. The business
of America is justice and securing the blessings of liberty.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Strange you know. When I was a kid growing up in "up state" New
Hampshire I would guess that perhaps 1/3rd of the homes in town had a
firearm or two in the corner and farm families were probably 100%
equipped.

But strangely enough I can't remember any "gun crimes" so apparently
guns don't commit crimes

Another point that might be considered is that alcoholic beverages
were totally banned in the U.S. for a period, which of course meant
that no one could not get a glass of beer anywhere in the U.S.

But banning guns will eliminate gun crimes ?
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

True. What are the largest selling computer games in the U.S. at the
moment?
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

But Ed, if one wants to "go hunting" one has to go out in the rain and
snow and it can be damned uncomfortable. Must better to sit home and
dream about how you are a big, bad, ass.
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John B. Slocomb" wrote in message

Strange you know. When I was a kid growing up in "up state" New
Hampshire I would guess that perhaps 1/3rd of the homes in town had
firearm or two in the corner and farm families were probably 100%
equipped.

But strangely enough I can't remember any "gun crimes" so apparently
guns don't commit crimes

Another point that might be considered is that alcoholic beverages
were totally banned in the U.S. for a period, which of course meant
that no one could not get a glass of beer anywhere in the U.S.

But banning guns will eliminate gun crimes ?
--
cheers,

John B.

Where? I lived in Concord.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Larry, you delusional dimwit, what do you think those "tactical" guns
are for? Shooting rabbits? Why does Gunner carry a couple of concealed
handguns? To shoot squirrels?

And what about those gee-jaws you mount on a Picatinny rail? Why are
"tactical" handguns made to handle a spotlight? Do you think they're
for JACKLIGHTING DEER, you dimwit?

Wake up from your 20-year sleep and pay attention, Rip Van Winkle:
THEY'RE FOR SHOOTING PEOPLE! Day or night.

I have two handguns locked in a gun safe. It never occurred to me
take one out and murder a man walking his dog at night.

Some cultures are more predisposed to violent crime than others.

True, but the formerly mainstream hunting and target shooting gun
culture has evolved into one that is mostly about fantasies about
killing people. Take a look at the covers of _American Rifleman_
these
days. They look like the old covers of _Soldier of Fortune_.

--
Ed Huntress

Have you forgotten about Redskins and Nazis?

Ol' Weird Ed shouldn't own guns. He refuses to acknowledge that 99%
of gun owners don't do bad things with them. Only the criminals do.

HEY, MORON! THAT'S THE IDEA! You delusional freaks buy guns to stroke
your fantasies about killing bad guys. RogerN said he built his AR-15
for shooting liberals.

IT'S ALL ABOUT SHOOTING PEOPLE! Or, more accurately, about your
fantasies about shooting people. You know about that one, right?
You're the guy who said that gun-toters should threaten to kill
elected officials if they fail to bend to your wishes. Remember that?

That's the gun culture that's driven gun sales, now dominated by
handguns and "tactical" rifles, and that's what you're all about. In
other words, you're a nut.

Suicide is no more a "gun crime" than hit-and-run is just a "moving
vehicle accident".

Pffhhht. Now you're changing the subject.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It would be interesting to know how the culture of crime and the
evolving culture of guns in the US fed off of each other to become the
culture of death. I doubt if we'll ever know the answer to that, but a
few things are clear.

First, the gun culture I grew up with had nothing to do with killing
people, whether in offense or defense. Since 60% of the American
people in 1960 thought civilians shouldn't be allowed to own handguns
(the figure is now 28%), it's very clear that the attitude toward guns
then, and the culture surrounding them and most people in the country,
had nothing to do with killing people.

Second, the proliferation of guns has fed into the culture of crime in
the US, such that our criminals shoot many times more people than
criminals in other economically advanced countries. So there is a
clear correlation between proliferation of guns and gun crime.

Third, the reaction has been to switch the focus, and the sales of
guns, from long guns to handguns, and the most popular long guns right
now are fairly useless military-style rifles that shoot pipsqueek,
military-derived cartridges. They're focused on killing people as much
as a .40 cal. pistol is.

So the whole interest, culture, focus, and categories of gun sales has
devolved from hunting and target shooting to people-killing fantasies,
defensive paranoia, and fear. It's pretty ugly..

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Shut it, NSF eddy. These apes were carrying common handguns, not
chortle "tactical" guns. More to the point - they are adherents of a
culture that considers violence a quotidian affair, and an acceptable
way of interacting with society. You know this. You pretend you don't,
bending over backwards to kiss left-wing ass, but you *do* know it.

You ****wit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Most guns are owned by whites, and most whites don't murder. What would
be more interesting to know is how violence became so deeply ingrained
in black culture.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Go look at this, you half-assed ignoramus:

http://www.americanrifleman.org/

That's what it's devolved into.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/17/2015 9:38 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Shut it, NSF eddy. These apes were carrying common handguns, not
chortle "tactical" guns. More to the point - they are adherents of a
culture that considers violence a quotidian affair, and an acceptable
way of interacting with society. You know this. You pretend you don't,
bending over backwards to kiss left-wing ass, but you *do* know it.

You ****wit.

Go look at this, you

No point, ****bag. Those two teenaged apes in Philadelphia were not in
*any* way influenced by that. They're just ****ing scum apes - the kind
of people your ****ing scum pup tries to get onto food stamps because of
misplaced left-wing pity.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 20:46:11 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"John B. Slocomb" wrote in message
.. .

Strange you know. When I was a kid growing up in "up state" New
Hampshire I would guess that perhaps 1/3rd of the homes in town had
firearm or two in the corner and farm families were probably 100%
equipped.

But strangely enough I can't remember any "gun crimes" so apparently
guns don't commit crimes

Another point that might be considered is that alcoholic beverages
were totally banned in the U.S. for a period, which of course meant
that no one could not get a glass of beer anywhere in the U.S.

But banning guns will eliminate gun crimes ?
--
cheers,

John B.

Where? I lived in Concord.

Lebanon. Left when I went to school in Florida and discovered that
there are places where you don't have to shovel snow. Never went back
except to visit.
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

While statistically you may be correct, I'm not that sure about the
relationship between gun availability and crime. For example, I read
that while criminals in England rarely used firearms in, say the '50's
- the Great Train Robbers were armed with clubs - while today, even
with more stringent firearm laws in the country, armed criminals are
more common. to the extent that arming the police seems to becoming a
more popular idea.

Third, the reaction has been to switch the focus, and the sales of
guns, from long guns to handguns, and the most popular long guns right
now are fairly useless military-style rifles that shoot pipsqueek,
military-derived cartridges. They're focused on killing people as much
as a .40 cal. pistol is.

(grin) But I used to shoot paper targets with a .45 cal. pistol :-)

So the whole interest, culture, focus, and categories of gun sales has
devolved from hunting and target shooting to people-killing fantasies,
defensive paranoia, and fear. It's pretty ugly..

--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

But I wonder whether it is a "Black" crime or a "Po' Folks" crime. the
big time bandits in the 1930's for example were all white and from
poor origins. The original Mafia were poor immigrants, the Southern
bootleggers were poor folks...

--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 22:33:20 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

On 7/17/2015 9:38 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Shut it, NSF eddy. These apes were carrying common handguns, not
chortle "tactical" guns. More to the point - they are adherents of a
culture that considers violence a quotidian affair, and an acceptable
way of interacting with society. You know this. You pretend you don't,
bending over backwards to kiss left-wing ass, but you *do* know it.

You ****wit.

Go look at this, you

No point, ****bag. Those two teenaged apes in Philadelphia were not in
*any* way influenced by that.

You're 'way behind, Ball. That has nothing to do with the discussion.

The question was why such young teenagers had guns. The reasons are
that they can, and that they want to.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, they're having a hell of a wave of murders with guns in the UK.
Their rate is all the way up to 0.26/100,000. The rate for the US is
40 times higher.

They're just going to hell in a handbasket...

Third, the reaction has been to switch the focus, and the sales of
guns, from long guns to handguns, and the most popular long guns right
now are fairly useless military-style rifles that shoot pipsqueek,
military-derived cartridges. They're focused on killing people as much
as a .40 cal. pistol is.

(grin) But I used to shoot paper targets with a .45 cal. pistol :-)

So do I. Now, the fantasy "tactical" guns, and "defense" type guns,
dominate sales. They didn't then.

So the whole interest, culture, focus, and categories of gun sales has
devolved from hunting and target shooting to people-killing fantasies,
defensive paranoia, and fear. It's pretty ugly..

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/17/2015 10:08 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Maybe they should pass a law that says that 13 or
14 year olds are prohibited from carrying guns?

Sure. That will do it. Outlaw street sales to minors while you're at
it.

The best solution is ALWAYS to punish the law abiding gun owners.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:17:26 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 7/17/2015 10:08 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Maybe they should pass a law that says that 13 or
14 year olds are prohibited from carrying guns?

Sure. That will do it. Outlaw street sales to minors while you're at
it.

The best solution is ALWAYS to punish the law abiding gun owners.

So what punishment did they give to you, Tom?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

True, but the formerly mainstream hunting and target shooting gun
culture has evolved into one that is mostly about fantasies about
killing people. Take a look at the covers of _American Rifleman_
these
days. They look like the old covers of _Soldier of Fortune_.

--
Ed Huntress

Have you forgotten about Redskins and Nazis?

The magazines are not "about killing people"...but about firearms of
interest at the moment. Given the vast numbers of firearms suitable
for combat..generally against an onrushing totalitarian
government..thats what the interest is currently.

As for "fantasies"...snicker..hunting mags used to be about fantasies
of taking the All American Five...so whats the difference? At least
todays magazines are suitable for self defense purposes. As are the
firearms.

The crime rate continues to fall like a rock down the well..but on the
other hand..the feral government keeps getting bigger. Figure the need
in the near future.....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

True, but the formerly mainstream hunting and target shooting gun
culture has evolved into one that is mostly about fantasies about
killing people. Take a look at the covers of _American Rifleman_
these
days. They look like the old covers of _Soldier of Fortune_.

--
Ed Huntress

Have you forgotten about Redskins and Nazis?

The magazines are not "about killing people"...but about firearms of
interest at the moment.

Firearms focused on killing people.

Given the vast numbers of firearms suitable
for combat..generally against an onrushing totalitarian
government..thats what the interest is currently.

Nutjobs who fantasize about killing elected representatives. Like
Larry, for instance.

As for "fantasies"...snicker..hunting mags used to be about fantasies
of taking the All American Five...so whats the difference?

The All American Five are animals. The difference is that today's
gun-toting fantasies are about killing *people*.

At least
todays magazines are suitable for self defense purposes. As are the
firearms.

Right. They're all about killing people.

The crime rate continues to fall like a rock down the well..but on the
other hand..the feral government keeps getting bigger. Figure the need
in the near future.....

There's the fantasy I'm talking about. You're one of the low-rent
knuckle-draggers who fantasize about shooting people.

That's the change in gun culture that we were discussing. It's gone to
hell.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Of course, he's entirely delusional. There are no plans for any "cull";
there is no "list" of people to be culled; there is no impending "second
American revolution." It would be one thing for gummy-bitch to
fantasize about participating in something that might actually happen,
but gummy-bitch's fantasies are based in wholly delusional thinking.

That's the change in gun culture that we were discussing. It's gone to
hell.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The point, or course, was that even with stringent gun laws the number
of armed criminals in the British Isles is increasing. What was it in
England, Scotland and Wales, say 20 - 30 years ago compared to the
present?

And, of course, in Northern Ireland where possession of a firearm
likely ensured a very unpleasant visit to the police station, at a
minimum, gun crimes were sky high for a while :-)

But as I previously mentioned, they banned alcoholic beverages in the
U.S. and that automatically stopped drinking in the entire country.
Right?

Third, the reaction has been to switch the focus, and the sales of
guns, from long guns to handguns, and the most popular long guns right
now are fairly useless military-style rifles that shoot pipsqueek,
military-derived cartridges. They're focused on killing people as much
as a .40 cal. pistol is.

(grin) But I used to shoot paper targets with a .45 cal. pistol :-)

So do I. Now, the fantasy "tactical" guns, and "defense" type guns,
dominate sales. They didn't then.

Well, they had pocket pistols :-)

But I remember the first time I saw the specifications for one of the
modern pistols. My immediate thought was, "gee, it can't be very
accurate". A plastic pistol with a 4 inch barrel?

So the whole interest, culture, focus, and categories of gun sales has
devolved from hunting and target shooting to people-killing fantasies,
defensive paranoia, and fear. It's pretty ugly..

--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

What you seem to be advocating, or predicting, is what is called a
"revolution" which, if I remember my school days, was tried earlier in
the country's history... with very poor results.
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 14:09:57 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:21:07 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

snip

[...]

It's meaningless. When the numbers are so vanishingly small, even a
slight perturbation in the numbers causes a disproportionate change in
the percentages.

And, of course, in Northern Ireland where possession of a firearm
likely ensured a very unpleasant visit to the police station, at a
minimum, gun crimes were sky high for a while :-)

But as I previously mentioned, they banned alcoholic beverages in the
U.S. and that automatically stopped drinking in the entire country.
Right?

There's no connection.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:21:07 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

snip

[...]

I see...

Banning alcohol was thought to decrease the evils of that "Demon Rum"
and banning firearms is expected to decrease the evils of those
terribly dangerous guns.

The first didn't work and in fact is often claimed to be a major
reason that the "Mafia" grew from a little neighborhood protection
racket to a major factor in crime, but the second will be just so
effective, just like banning narcotic drugs has eliminated "dope
fiends" and outlawing cocaine had eliminated the use there of.

Prostitution and gambling has been banned for years and years, so
obviously there are no hookers walking the streets and "the numbers"
were a figment of someone's imagination.

Wake up and smell the flowers Ed. Banning something doesn't stop the
use of that thing. It just increases the cost.

Or did you think that all the evil doers running about and shooting
each other are using legally purchased guns and that all, each and
every one of them, has a State issued concealed carry permit?

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:32:47 -0700

Unfortunately...the POTUS doesnt understand..that they simply should
have shot those officers..because left alive..they will..will be the
core leadership of the Militia as it reforms.

Dont forget..that George Washington..was originally a British officer.

Who sided against them as much because the British government had
given him short shrift after the war (the French and Indian War to us,
the Seven Years war to the Brits), as out of any patriotic sentiment.
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:21:07 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

snip

[...]

Sad to watch Ed becoming more and more senile...

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 20:45:58 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:32:47 -0700

Unfortunately...the POTUS doesnt understand..that they simply should
have shot those officers..because left alive..they will..will be the
core leadership of the Militia as it reforms.

Dont forget..that George Washington..was originally a British officer.

Who sided against them as much because the British government had
given him short shrift after the war (the French and Indian War to us,
the Seven Years war to the Brits), as out of any patriotic sentiment.
--
pyotr filipivich

Ayup. But no matter the reason..he decided to kick Brit ass.

And the rest..is history.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:21:07 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

snip

[...]

No, Ed is simply stating what apparently a large portion of the U.S.
population seem to believe. That doing away with "guns" will eliminate
many, perhaps most, of those horrible firearm crimes.

Disregarding that something like half the deaths attributed to guns
seem to be people committing suicide. Although I suspect that if they
can't get a gun they will take to jumping from high buildings and
bridges, or even suicide by automobile. Just drive down the highway
and straight into the bridge abutment.
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John B. Slocomb" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 22:57:10 -0700, Gunner Asch

Sad to watch Ed becoming more and more senile...

No, Ed is simply stating what apparently a large portion of the U.S.
population seem to believe. That doing away with "guns" will
eliminate
many, perhaps most, of those horrible firearm crimes.

Disregarding that something like half the deaths attributed to guns
seem to be people committing suicide. Although I suspect that if
they
can't get a gun they will take to jumping from high buildings and
bridges, or even suicide by automobile. Just drive down the highway
and straight into the bridge abutment.
--
cheers,

John B.

Or into oncoming traffic:
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...ey=&autologin=

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:21:07 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

snip

[...]

Duh, do you pracice tautology much, John?

It's self-evident that "doing away with guns" will "eliminate many,
perhaps most, of those horrible firearm crimes."

Maybe you'd like to try re-wording that. d8-)

Disregarding that something like half the deaths attributed to guns
seem to be people committing suicide.

Who's disregarding it?

Although I suspect that if they
can't get a gun they will take to jumping from high buildings and
bridges, or even suicide by automobile. Just drive down the highway
and straight into the bridge abutment.

Ya' never know. But maybe you'd like to try researching that one
before "suspecting."

--
Ed Huntress