Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Philadelphia man murdered by 13 and 14 year old black teens

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:18:15 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:55:00 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:35:08 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

On 7/17/2015 9:20 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:08:40 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

On 7/17/2015 7:08 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:51:34 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 7/16/2015 6:53 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html

I guess we ought to ask how 13 and 14 year old boys
in Philadelphia managed to get hold of a pistol?

Jeez, Chris, you should know that. Thanks to the NRA, anybody
can get
one, anytime, anywhere.

It never occurred to me even to try to obtain a gun when I was 13
and
14. Of course, I was brought up to obey the law and eschew
violence.

I owned my first rifle at age 11; my fifth Sharpshooter bar by 14;
and
had bagged at least a hundred ducks, rabbits, pheasants, and
squirrels
by 13.

I was taken shooting as a boy, but I didn't own any guns myself, and
certainly never sought to obtain a handgun.

But I was brought up to obey the law, too. And the culture that
surrounded guns, the one in which I grew up, was about hunting and
target shooting.

Thanks to the evolution of gun culture, it's now about killing
people.

Where the hell did he pick up that little gem? NYT?

Larry, you delusional dimwit, what do you think those "tactical" guns
are for? Shooting rabbits? Why does Gunner carry a couple of concealed
handguns? To shoot squirrels?

And what about those gee-jaws you mount on a Picatinny rail? Why are
"tactical" handguns made to handle a spotlight? Do you think they're
for JACKLIGHTING DEER, you dimwit?

Wake up from your 20-year sleep and pay attention, Rip Van Winkle:
THEY'RE FOR SHOOTING PEOPLE! Day or night.

I have two handguns locked in a gun safe. It never occurred to me
take one out and murder a man walking his dog at night.

Some cultures are more predisposed to violent crime than others.

True, but the formerly mainstream hunting and target shooting gun
culture has evolved into one that is mostly about fantasies about
killing people. Take a look at the covers of _American Rifleman_
these
days. They look like the old covers of _Soldier of Fortune_.

--
Ed Huntress

Have you forgotten about Redskins and Nazis?

Ol' Weird Ed shouldn't own guns. He refuses to acknowledge that 99%
of gun owners don't do bad things with them. Only the criminals do.

HEY, MORON! THAT'S THE IDEA! You delusional freaks buy guns to stroke
your fantasies about killing bad guys. RogerN said he built his AR-15
for shooting liberals.

IT'S ALL ABOUT SHOOTING PEOPLE! Or, more accurately, about your
fantasies about shooting people. You know about that one, right?
You're the guy who said that gun-toters should threaten to kill
elected officials if they fail to bend to your wishes. Remember that?

That's the gun culture that's driven gun sales, now dominated by
handguns and "tactical" rifles, and that's what you're all about. In
other words, you're a nut.

Suicide is no more a "gun crime" than hit-and-run is just a "moving
vehicle accident".

Pffhhht. Now you're changing the subject.

--
Ed Huntress