Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Philadelphia man murdered by 13 and 14 year old black teens

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:08:40 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

On 7/17/2015 7:08 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:51:34 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 7/16/2015 6:53 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html

I guess we ought to ask how 13 and 14 year old boys
in Philadelphia managed to get hold of a pistol?

Jeez, Chris, you should know that. Thanks to the NRA, anybody can get
one, anytime, anywhere.

It never occurred to me even to try to obtain a gun when I was 13 and
14. Of course, I was brought up to obey the law and eschew violence.

I owned my first rifle at age 11; my fifth Sharpshooter bar by 14; and
had bagged at least a hundred ducks, rabbits, pheasants, and squirrels
by 13.

But I was brought up to obey the law, too. And the culture that
surrounded guns, the one in which I grew up, was about hunting and
target shooting.

Thanks to the evolution of gun culture, it's now about killing people.
We've moved from dreaming about a Purdey double shotgun with Skeet #1
and #2 chokes, to dreaming about a "tactical" semiautomatic rifle
that's too feeble for ethical hunting of deer, but just right for
shooting people at night.

Kids notice.

--
Ed Huntress