Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does this wire rope need to be replaced?

On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 11:36:03 AM UTC-4, Ignoramus23196 wrote:

Look at the fourth (last) picture.

I went back and spotted it.

I have a 30,000+ lb T-slotted steel plate.

The weight needed depends on the capacity of the crane. It has been a long while since I had anything to do with cranes. But say you were proofing a 10,000 lb crane and the procedure called for 125% of capacity. So you would pick out weights so the total was 12,500 lbs. The next crane might be a 15,000 crane and you do not have weights that total up to 18,750 lbs . So you use somewhat less and label the crane as derated to whatever you can do.

Dan