Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Strange thread

(Volker Borchert) fired this volley in
:

Good link, thank you - but wrong size - my wooden rod and
thread gauge say definitely that it is not "x2" but 13 TPI.

How LONG is this wooden 'master' (and your thread gauge) that you can
measure 2-or-so% diff in a piece of indented wood?

I'll bet it's 2mm pitch, given it's the right i.d. for a 12mm screw.

I've seen some oddballs here and there... when in doubt, make it on the
lathe, and have it heat-treated. Or, as was suggested, order one from a
vendor specializing in that machine. Thankfully, the steering wheel on
my Deutz is frozen on forever. If it ever needs replacement, I'll have
to WELD another on! G

LLoyd