Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_6_] Tim Wescott[_6_] is offline

Default OT Gooseneck trailer question

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:14:49 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

I was able to install a brake controller
that taps into the brake line. Unfortunately these are no longer made.
The units with a pedulum inside (nearly all of them now) are not worth a
**** for this application.

What? Oh dammit. I suppose someone did something exceedingly stupid and
then won a lawsuit.

Are the pendulum units attached to the truck body, trying to sense the
deceleration, or are they attached to the brake pedal, trying to sense
the rotation?

In the former case I think you may as well install spoked wheels on the
truck and carry a long stick to shove in when you want to stop.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services