Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Gooseneck trailer question

On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 10:35:05 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

My dad's shop truck outlived my dad. It was a 1972 Chevy C-20 with over
100000 miles on it when we got it. We'd pull out of the shop at 20,000
pounds combined vehicle weight (with a gooseneck) and drive to shows in
California, Washington, and the midwest. 20000 pounds combined vehicle
weight was a bit much -- after 200000 miles of that the truck frame
needed all it's rivets replaced (my dad did not believe in "throw away
and buy new") -- but he dropped down to 15000 CVW and the truck lasted
basically forever after that.

If the rivets needed replacing, so did the holes. Where on Earth did
you find a cost-effective source for frame-free rivet holes, Tim?

--
The business of America is not business. Neither is it war. The business
of America is justice and securing the blessings of liberty.