Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unusual gifts

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 21:22:16 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 19:24:32 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:48:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Boy, howdy. I just opened the box and there wasn't a jack hammer in
it. There was a set of OA torch regs, lines (short/old), a 0 tip, and
a cutting torch in there. Surprise, surprise!

Yes and? That was one of my GOOD (IRRC) sets, and I did tell you you
MIGHT need to buy a hose on Ebay. But they are very inexpensive.

One gauge said A OK

Yes.

I take it you have yet to open all the boxes.....

Only that one box, and only because I knew (?) what was in it. Where'd
the jack hammer go? I was so out of it that day, I was barely
standing. I'm glad my sister let me crash on her couch that night. I
was too sick to drive all the way home. Must have been 1917 flu bug.
DAMN, that hurt. My MD gave me double doses of amoxycillin to fight
off both sinus infections, too. I felt worse the day after I ended
the first course and immediately started the second. 3 days later, I
started feeling human again.

You should have the jackhammer in your gear. Its not here.

My first SS check arrives in October, so I won't have to beat myself
up working as many hours each week to survive from then on.

Must be nice. Ive been doing somewhat better the last couple
months..but far from "good" or "great"

I can make up to $1,310/mo continuing to work, but I'll collect my
previously sequestered funds in the interim. Y'know, before they are
shut off so CONgress can steal the funds for their own salaries?
Something to consider for yourself. If you make too much money in a
given month, they just withhold that month's SS check. I'm going to
cut things back so I don't continue to ache horribly all the time.

I'm gettin' on up into the Metal Years. I have gold in my teeth,
silver in my hair, and lead in my ass.

Im only 61 1/2. I dont think I can even sign up yet.

Sign up 3 months before your 62nd birthday. Quick and easy online.
I'm still stunned that they didn't want to see any ID whatsoever, at
least yet. I could have waited until my 66th birthday to get $251
more a month, but it's too hard making this particular living, I'm
finding lately. I'm not sure SS will be around by then, either.