Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unusual gifts

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 23:20:46 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 21:53:54 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:57:30 -0500, Ignoramus23199
wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Cool!

I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Like many of us here, I'm a scrounge^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollector of odd and
sundry fascinating items. and people give lots of broken (or working
surplus) items to me. Most are quickly repairable, like mowers,
vacuums, toaster ovens, and drill motors.

Great minds think alike!!!

And there is no shame in being a scrounger. In fact..Id rate you up
at Master Scounger/ 31st Class. Your bucket of stuff is waiting for
your return visit btw.

What? 31st class? I'm offended.

Catruckman hasn't come by so far, so... I need to have you box that
up and send it. Maybe to my sister's house, half the distance, so I
can afford it. It's too costly to drive down again soon. I'll be
saving up for that for maybe next year, though. (saving my quarters)
I damned well want to get out to the long range with you, mon. (Hmm,
have to save some quarters for ammo, too.)

Anything I gave you turn out to be handy/helpful?

Yeah, I soaked the XL set of linesman's pliers and put them into use
on some fencing. And I used some of the soldering accessories, wick,
and such. Um, I've used 3 of the files and one of the rasps. Two of
the 3# hammers are my new friends. They have longer handles than the
little drilling hammers I've been using. One is a good cement
breaker. I've needed things out of the missing bucket 4 or 5 times so
far. (Ohio brushes, welding rod, silver solder, welding sleeves)
sigh

Let's see, once I have time, I'll:

1) refurb the table saw on its own little rolling bench under the
Green Monster (which is my first and main goal once I semi-retire.)

2) take the spare Briggs V-twin down to Glenn's so we can fab up a
drive mount for the engine so it can power the Scott gen/welder. I
also want to mount up a water pump to it, so these will be quick
change mounts.

3) find a spline chisel to fit the jack hammer you sent home with me.

My first SS check arrives in October, so I won't have to beat myself
up working as many hours each week to survive from then on.

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.