Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unusual gifts

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23199 fired this volley in
:

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Wait for the bill, IG! G

I've been "gifted" electronics hardware, only to get a bill later. I both
refused to pay, AND refused to send the stuff back... and never got another
call.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-06-26, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus23199 fired this volley in
:

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Wait for the bill, IG! G

I've been "gifted" electronics hardware, only to get a bill later. I both
refused to pay, AND refused to send the stuff back... and never got another
call.

A bill would be unlikely, given that the company giving the pallet
jacks had to vacate their premises by 4pm today.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

My neighbors give me every broken tool they don't want to bother with.
My parents did too, such as a car whose only problem was rear toe-in
from radius rods bent by a dumb mechanic who used them as jacking
points. $15 at a junkyard fixed it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 4.170...
Ignoramus23199 fired this
volley in
:

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Wait for the bill, IG! G

I've been "gifted" electronics hardware, only to get a bill later.
I both
refused to pay, AND refused to send the stuff back... and never got
another
call.

Lloyd

There were court decisions on that some years back, after a company
billed for unsolicited merchandise it was sending out.
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...ed-merchandise

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:55:07 -0500, Ignoramus23199

On 2015-06-27, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

My neighbors give me every broken tool they don't want to bother with.
My parents did too, such as a car whose only problem was rear toe-in
from radius rods bent by a dumb mechanic who used them as jacking
points. $15 at a junkyard fixed it.

Very nice story!

Among many other things I have been given was a snow blower that had
lost it's wheel drive -- due to the chain link being installed
bachwards and the clip falling off.
$6 repair.

I was recently given a John Deere 175 lawn tractor - had a blown
crankcase gasket (Kawasaki) and, it turns out, a flakey ignition coil
(JD is REALLY proud of their parts - $99.60 plus tax) It needs a bit
of paint, 2 front tires, and a new seat (purchased yesterday at TSC at
60% off - so about $70.00) -Should be able to turn it over for a bit
of a profit.

A series 2 Pontiac Firefly Turbo ended up in my posession too - not
sure what I'll end up doing with it - but it will be a while 'till I
finish some other more important projects - like getting the plane in
the air. Speaking of which, I was given most of a spare engine for it
as well.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:57:30 -0500, Ignoramus23199
wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

I once was gifted a BumbleBee 250 (rebadged/yellow) Miller DialArc
250, with 1000 lbs of various welding rod. I sold the welder for $350
and have used about 150 lbs of that rod so far.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-06-27, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
[...]

My JD 317 has a Harley coil ... I bought used for 25 bucks . Seems people
want to give me chain saws . 2 of my 3 were gifts , and 2 spare powerheads
came as gifts . I also passed one (complete saw) on to a neighbor who needed
one . A guy I useta do some machine shop work for gave me a bunch of scrap
metal when he "cleaned out" his shop . Most of it got recycled for cash .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 21:52:39 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On 2015-06-27, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Yes - my Partner saw was also a "gift" as well as my 1957 Lawn King
rotary mower and 2 laptop computers - as well as my last few cell
phones (including all but my current blackberry Z10 - and I have a
spare Z10 that was given to me with a dead screen - which I had
replaced.

All kinds of other neat stuff too over the years.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:00:28 -0500, Ignoramus23199

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

I once was gifted a BumbleBee 250 (rebadged/yellow) Miller DialArc
250, with 1000 lbs of various welding rod. I sold the welder for $350
and have used about 150 lbs of that rod so far.

Gunner

Gunner, you never disappoint! Awesome story! I bet you got some nickel
rod there, also...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Cool!

I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Like many of us here, I'm a scrounge^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollector of odd and
sundry fascinating items. and people give lots of broken (or working
surplus) items to me. Most are quickly repairable, like mowers,
vacuums, toaster ovens, and drill motors.

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/26/2015 3:57 PM, Ignoramus23199 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

"Gift" is not a verb, no matter how often illiterates treat it as one.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

I once was gifted a BumbleBee 250

You were "gifted" the HIV virus, too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

I once was gifted a BumbleBee 250 (rebadged/yellow) Miller DialArc
250, with 1000 lbs of various welding rod. I sold the welder for $350
and have used about 150 lbs of that rod so far.

Gunner

Gunner, you never disappoint! Awesome story! I bet you got some nickel
rod there, also...

Not as much as I used to have..Ive welded a BUNCH of cast iron parts
back together for clients and friends. No one around here is any good
at welding cast iron..and Ive made a couple bucks doing it for some of
the local companies. Ive got about 25-40 lbs of Nickle 99 left, plus
some tig filler..and that stuff is Expensive! if I had to go buy it at
the welding shop.

Got a bunch of various Certainium electrodes as well..Stainless,
Aluminum, cutting rods etc etc. Loaned out my cutting rod
stinger..never did get it back though..damnit. Guys dead now...shrug.

As I recall..someone here got the Airco (Bumble Bee)...I think. It was
before the stroke...shrug.

Some of my welding stuff from 5 or so years ago. Ive added some, used
some...shrug

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422.../WeldingStuff#

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

I once was gifted a BumbleBee 250

You were "gifted" the HIV virus, too.

What..you were HIV positive when you sucked my dick??????!!!!

Hummm...well..no problem...I had the clap at the time...so that
explains the open sores on your face and lips now doesnt it?

plink

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Cool!

I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Like many of us here, I'm a scrounge^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollector of odd and
sundry fascinating items. and people give lots of broken (or working
surplus) items to me. Most are quickly repairable, like mowers,
vacuums, toaster ovens, and drill motors.

Great minds think alike!!!

And there is no shame in being a scrounger. In fact..Id rate you up
at Master Scounger/ 31st Class. Your bucket of stuff is waiting for
your return visit btw. Anything I gave you turn out to be
handy/helpful?

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

I once was gifted a BumbleBee 250

You were "gifted" the HIV virus, too.

Hey NymChangingTroll...lets see your photos. Heres mine:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602

Or wont they let you take pics there at the Home?

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rudy Canoza wrote:
On 6/26/2015 3:57 PM, Ignoramus23199 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

"Gift" is not a verb, no matter how often illiterates treat it as one.

And you're an idiot.

gift
?ift/
verb
past tense: gifted; past participle: gifted
give (something) as a gift, especially formally or as a
donation or bequest.
"the company gifted 2,999 shares to a charity"
present (someone) with a gift or gifts.
"the director gifted her with a heart-shaped brooch"
synonyms: present, give, bestow, confer, donate, endow,
award, accord, grant; More
hand over, make over
"he gifted a composition to the orchestra"
endow someone with (something).
"she was gifted with a powerful clairvoyance"
Origin
Middle English: from Old Norse gipt ; related to give.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

There's some subtle engineering in those things to keep the cost down.
I was initially puzzled by the relay in the charger that only
energizes the output when connected to a battery. The charger wasn't
working because the capacitor in the tank circuit of the transformer
was bad, a problem that a DVM doesn't show.

Fortunately I learned about ferroresonant and magnetic amplifier
circuits in the Army.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-06-27, Larry Jaques wrote:
I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Very nice story, and I bet it was fun to work on.

Like many of us here, I'm a scrounge^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollector of odd and
sundry fascinating items. and people give lots of broken (or working
surplus) items to me. Most are quickly repairable, like mowers,
vacuums, toaster ovens, and drill motors.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 04:18:40 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Rudy Canoza wrote:
[...]

Dont may any attention to Rudy....frankly..he is about as smart as
pond scum on a sunny day.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/27/2015 1:18 AM, Steve W. wrote:
Rudy Canoza wrote:
On 6/26/2015 3:57 PM, Ignoramus23199 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

"Gift" is not a verb, no matter how often illiterates treat it as one.

And you're an idiot.

gift
?ift/
verb

Nope. That's slovenly popular usage, and all you've found is a slovenly
descriptive popular dictionary.

Gift is not a verb.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...a-verb/383676/

http://grammarist.com/usage/gift/

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/edu...gifting-a-word

Literate people - that excludes you, pork chop - do not use gift as a verb.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rudy Canoza wrote:
[...]

You're a coward, gummy-bitch.

No "cull." No "list." No "those who keep the list." No "guys on
motorcycles in the middle of the night." No "wiped down payphone." No
"264mph motorcycle ride." No "8-10' rattlesnakes." All bull****.

You squat to ****, gummy-bitch.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-06-27, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

My neighbors give me every broken tool they don't want to bother with.
My parents did too, such as a car whose only problem was rear toe-in
from radius rods bent by a dumb mechanic who used them as jacking
points. $15 at a junkyard fixed it.

Very nice story!

Among many other things I have been given was a snow blower that had
lost it's wheel drive -- due to the chain link being installed
bachwards and the clip falling off.
$6 repair.

I was recently given a John Deere 175 lawn tractor

*THERE* you go! You weren't "gifted" the tractor - you were *given* the
tractor, and that made it a *gift*. "Gift" is not a verb - period.

You got it right, and people who use "gift" as a verb get it wrong, and
are stupid.

From the Mirriam Webster Dictionary:
gift
verb

: to present (someone) with a gift

Full Definition of GIFT

transitive verb

1

: to endow with some power, quality, or attribute

2

: present gifted her with flowers

So yes, it IS acceptable to use gift as a verb - although it has been
in uncommon use as such for over 500 years.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/27/2015 9:31 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 22:02:58 -0700, Rudy Canoza

On 2015-06-27, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
[...]

From the Mirriam Webster Dictionary:

^^^ that's hilarious!

It's not a verb, moron. Popular dictionaries like *Merriam*-Webster are
descriptive - they include what people, including illiterates like you,
use. It's still wrong.

No literate person employs gift as a verb.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Fri, 26 Jun 2015 23:20:46 -0700

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Cool!

I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Like many of us here, I'm a scrounge^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollector of odd and
sundry fascinating items. and people give lots of broken (or working
surplus) items to me. Most are quickly repairable, like mowers,
vacuums, toaster ovens, and drill motors.

Great minds think alike!!!

And there is no shame in being a scrounger.

I am not a pack rat. I'm, um, err "A rodent of acquisition and
unusual retention", yeah, that's the ticket.

Talking with guys at work - the company is trying to cut costs,
which is normal, and one of the issues is "materials". As in Part A
needs 2/3 of a panel, leaving a big chunk as "fall down"/ scrap. Part
B can be made of that "scrap" - but how do we track said "scrap"? (and
how do we get the virtual inventory [what the computer has computed we
have] and the actual inventory [what is actually on pallets] to
reconcile? Not to mention separating the virtual whole panels which
are actually two or more real pieces, from the non-existing real
pieces which the computer scrapped a long time ago.
And I keep in mind my Dad's story of asking if the tulip bulb
farmer parishioner had a few spares. "No problem" he is told, and a
few days later a full gunny sack of tulip bulbs ("second") is left at
the manse. Obviously, they had a difference in what constitutes A
few" bulbs.

In the mean time, I keep telling myself "Your carport is already
full."
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Cool!

I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Like many of us here, I'm a scrounge^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollector of odd and
sundry fascinating items. and people give lots of broken (or working
surplus) items to me. Most are quickly repairable, like mowers,
vacuums, toaster ovens, and drill motors.

Great minds think alike!!!

And there is no shame in being a scrounger.

There certainly is deep shame and stigma in being a dole scrounger like you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

I once was gifted a BumbleBee 250

You were "gifted" the HIV virus, too.

Hey NymChangingTroll...lets see your photos. Heres mine:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602

These are my favorites from your vast archive:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...6802602/Bypass

You look sick even today, gummy-bitch.

No "cull." No "list." No "those who keep the list." No "guys on
motorcycles in the middle of the night." No "wiped down payphone." No
"264mph motorcycle ride." No "8-10' rattlesnakes." All bull****.

You squat to ****, gummy-bitch.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

What? 31st class? I'm offended.

Catruckman hasn't come by so far, so... I need to have you box that
up and send it. Maybe to my sister's house, half the distance, so I
can afford it. It's too costly to drive down again soon. I'll be
saving up for that for maybe next year, though. (saving my quarters)
I damned well want to get out to the long range with you, mon. (Hmm,
have to save some quarters for ammo, too.)

Anything I gave you turn out to be handy/helpful?

Yeah, I soaked the XL set of linesman's pliers and put them into use
on some fencing. And I used some of the soldering accessories, wick,
and such. Um, I've used 3 of the files and one of the rasps. Two of
the 3# hammers are my new friends. They have longer handles than the
little drilling hammers I've been using. One is a good cement
breaker. I've needed things out of the missing bucket 4 or 5 times so
far. (Ohio brushes, welding rod, silver solder, welding sleeves)
sigh

Let's see, once I have time, I'll:

1) refurb the table saw on its own little rolling bench under the
Green Monster (which is my first and main goal once I semi-retire.)

2) take the spare Briggs V-twin down to Glenn's so we can fab up a
drive mount for the engine so it can power the Scott gen/welder. I
also want to mount up a water pump to it, so these will be quick
change mounts.

3) find a spline chisel to fit the jack hammer you sent home with me.

My first SS check arrives in October, so I won't have to beat myself
up working as many hours each week to survive from then on.

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.
--Frederick Douglass
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 07:29:43 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

There's some subtle engineering in those things to keep the cost down.
I was initially puzzled by the relay in the charger that only
energizes the output when connected to a battery. The charger wasn't
working because the capacitor in the tank circuit of the transformer
was bad, a problem that a DVM doesn't show.

Mine was a simple open circuit in the battery system, one cable end
eaten away and hanging loose out in the air, 1/4" from Nirvana.

Fortunately I learned about ferroresonant and magnetic amplifier
circuits in the Army.

I still wish I'd spent more time as an electronics tech. 3 years plus
Coleman College wasn't enough to truly know much of the field, by any
means. But I bailed from the cubicles and what I felt may be an
overpowering corporate mentality which came about when the original
company was taken over by a global giant, SKF. They closed the
Carlsbad, CA plant and wanted all of us to drive down to Clairemont
Mesa (upper Sandy Eggo) to work, adding 2+ hours to my commute time
daily for no extra pay. 17 minutes each way wasn't bad.

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.
--Frederick Douglass
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 12:31:34 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 22:02:58 -0700, Rudy Canoza

On 2015-06-27, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
[...]

From the Mirriam Webster Dictionary:
gift
verb

: to present (someone) with a gift

Full Definition of GIFT

transitive verb

1

: to endow with some power, quality, or attribute

2

: present gifted her with flowers

So yes, it IS acceptable to use gift as a verb - although it has been
in uncommon use as such for over 500 years.

Poor Wuddy...he simply NEVER learns when to keep his gob shut does he?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

So..the highest rating is 32nd...a rank that I have been honored to
have been awarded. Keep working at it... and you will make it over
the top.

Catruckman hasn't come by so far, so... I need to have you box that
up and send it. Maybe to my sister's house, half the distance, so I
can afford it. It's too costly to drive down again soon. I'll be
saving up for that for maybe next year, though. (saving my quarters)
I damned well want to get out to the long range with you, mon. (Hmm,
have to save some quarters for ammo, too.)

Ill see what I can do.

Anything I gave you turn out to be handy/helpful?

Yeah, I soaked the XL set of linesman's pliers and put them into use
on some fencing. And I used some of the soldering accessories, wick,
and such. Um, I've used 3 of the files and one of the rasps. Two of
the 3# hammers are my new friends. They have longer handles than the
little drilling hammers I've been using. One is a good cement
breaker. I've needed things out of the missing bucket 4 or 5 times so
far. (Ohio brushes, welding rod, silver solder, welding sleeves)
sigh

Did I give you any sledge hammers? If not..Ill lay one or two aside
for you.

Let's see, once I have time, I'll:

1) refurb the table saw on its own little rolling bench under the
Green Monster (which is my first and main goal once I semi-retire.)

Ah! Thats where it went. Cool!

2) take the spare Briggs V-twin down to Glenn's so we can fab up a
drive mount for the engine so it can power the Scott gen/welder. I
also want to mount up a water pump to it, so these will be quick
change mounts.

3) find a spline chisel to fit the jack hammer you sent home with me.

There wasnt chisels in the box? I thought there were several. Let me
know what that spine was and Ill see what I can find. OD, number of
splines etc.

My first SS check arrives in October, so I won't have to beat myself
up working as many hours each week to survive from then on.

Must be nice. Ive been doing somewhat better the last couple
months..but far from "good" or "great"

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
My first SS check arrives in October, so I won't have to beat myself
up working as many hours each week to survive from then on.

HA!

You'll be working for a boss who sees through all your excuses.

-jsw, sore and tired

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

OK, that's better. I thought I was that far down the scale from #1.
You're forgiven.

[...]

Boy, howdy. I just opened the box and there wasn't a jack hammer in
it. There was a set of OA torch regs, lines (short/old), a 0 tip, and
a cutting torch in there. Surprise, surprise!

My first SS check arrives in October, so I won't have to beat myself
up working as many hours each week to survive from then on.

Must be nice. Ive been doing somewhat better the last couple
months..but far from "good" or "great"

I can make up to $1,310/mo continuing to work, but I'll collect my
previously sequestered funds in the interim. Y'know, before they are
shut off so CONgress can steal the funds for their own salaries?
Something to consider for yourself. If you make too much money in a
given month, they just withhold that month's SS check. I'm going to
cut things back so I don't continue to ache horribly all the time.

I'm gettin' on up into the Metal Years. I have gold in my teeth,
silver in my hair, and lead in my ass.

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.
--Frederick Douglass
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 18:07:51 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
My first SS check arrives in October, so I won't have to beat myself
up working as many hours each week to survive from then on.

HA!

You'll be working for a boss who sees through all your excuses.

Yabbut, he's smarter. He is passing on the larger jobs, like putting
together 156 pieces of heavy lumber into a deck. He's going to start
accepting only picture hanging, painting (subbing out the prep work),
pressure washing (new ramps for the truck, pulley to run it up/down),
putting new hinges on cabinet doors, etc. He did his last deck job
last month and his last fence last week.

-jsw, sore and tired

You, too?

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.
--Frederick Douglass
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 07:59:51 -0500, Ignoramus18408

On 2015-06-27, Larry Jaques wrote:
I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Very nice story, and I bet it was fun to work on.

It was. I detailed it (soap, water, polymer paint treatment which is
super easy to wipe off, tire black, and a piece of 0000 steel wool for
the aluminum trim. I baking-sodaed the battery box and cases, cleaned
and greased the terminals, and charged it up. The 5th guy driving by
brought cash, and I happily dropped it from $1k to $950. My old
neighbor lady drove it to my other neighbor's house to water his yard
for a week while I was on vacation, then I cleaned and sold it. Nice
profit margin, I think.

Air dream: I'd love to build a small electric car or motorcycle for
kicks.

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.
--Frederick Douglass
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 07:11:20 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 04:18:40 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Rudy Canoza wrote:

-snip-
Dont may any attention to Rudy....frankly..he is about as smart as
pond scum on a sunny day.

Y'know, you guys don't have to respond to these trolls. Those of us
who have them in our twit filters would _thank_you_ if you didn't
bring them back to us by replying.

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.
--Frederick Douglass

gifts gone - 1 attachment Dan Valleskey Woodworking Plans and Photos 7 January 8th 08 11:38 PM
christmas gifts midomssh Home Repair 0 December 8th 07 09:42 PM
Gag Turning Gifts? George Woodworking Plans and Photos 8 October 4th 07 11:22 PM
gag gifts? TWW Woodturning 7 September 28th 07 03:59 PM
what gifts are you making? mel Woodworking 21 October 19th 04 02:54 AM