Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rudy Canoza[_3_] Rudy Canoza[_3_] is offline

Default Unusual gifts

On 6/27/2015 9:31 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 22:02:58 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

On 6/26/2015 6:27 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:55:07 -0500, Ignoramus23199

On 2015-06-27, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

My neighbors give me every broken tool they don't want to bother with.
My parents did too, such as a car whose only problem was rear toe-in
from radius rods bent by a dumb mechanic who used them as jacking
points. $15 at a junkyard fixed it.

Very nice story!

Among many other things I have been given was a snow blower that had
lost it's wheel drive -- due to the chain link being installed
bachwards and the clip falling off.
$6 repair.

I was recently given a John Deere 175 lawn tractor

*THERE* you go! You weren't "gifted" the tractor - you were *given* the
tractor, and that made it a *gift*. "Gift" is not a verb - period.

You got it right, and people who use "gift" as a verb get it wrong, and
are stupid.

From the Mirriam Webster Dictionary:

^^^ that's hilarious!

It's not a verb, moron. Popular dictionaries like *Merriam*-Webster are
descriptive - they include what people, including illiterates like you,
use. It's still wrong.

No literate person employs gift as a verb.