Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus18408 Ignoramus18408 is offline

Default Unusual gifts

On 2015-06-27, Larry Jaques wrote:
I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Very nice story, and I bet it was fun to work on.

Like many of us here, I'm a scrounge^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollector of odd and
sundry fascinating items. and people give lots of broken (or working
surplus) items to me. Most are quickly repairable, like mowers,
vacuums, toaster ovens, and drill motors.