Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unusual gifts

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 21:53:54 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:57:30 -0500, Ignoramus23199
wrote:

I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

Cool!

I was given a "dead" golf cart. It took almost $6 to fix it and I
sold it for $950, then gave the gifter a Benji for the trouble.
A 1-foot battery cable was the culprit, preventing the charger from
working, too. I had started to clean the battery terminals when I
found it, and couldn't stop chuckling.

Like many of us here, I'm a scrounge^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollector of odd and
sundry fascinating items. and people give lots of broken (or working
surplus) items to me. Most are quickly repairable, like mowers,
vacuums, toaster ovens, and drill motors.

Great minds think alike!!!

And there is no shame in being a scrounger. In fact..Id rate you up
at Master Scounger/ 31st Class. Your bucket of stuff is waiting for
your return visit btw. Anything I gave you turn out to be
handy/helpful?

Gunner