Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unusual gifts

wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:55:07 -0500, Ignoramus23199

On 2015-06-27, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus23199" wrote in
message ...
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

For example, today, a company unexpectedly gifted me sixteen brand
name pallet jacks in great condition.

My neighbors give me every broken tool they don't want to bother
with. My parents did too, such as a car whose only problem was rear
toe-in from radius rods bent by a dumb mechanic who used them as
jacking points. $15 at a junkyard fixed it.

Very nice story!

Among many other things I have been given was a snow blower that had
lost it's wheel drive -- due to the chain link being installed
bachwards and the clip falling off.
$6 repair.

I was recently given a John Deere 175 lawn tractor - had a blown
crankcase gasket (Kawasaki) and, it turns out, a flakey ignition coil
(JD is REALLY proud of their parts - $99.60 plus tax) It needs a bit
of paint, 2 front tires, and a new seat (purchased yesterday at TSC at
60% off - so about $70.00) -Should be able to turn it over for a bit
of a profit.

A series 2 Pontiac Firefly Turbo ended up in my posession too - not
sure what I'll end up doing with it - but it will be a while 'till I
finish some other more important projects - like getting the plane in
the air. Speaking of which, I was given most of a spare engine for it
as well.

My JD 317 has a Harley coil ... I bought used for 25 bucks . Seems people
want to give me chain saws . 2 of my 3 were gifts , and 2 spare powerheads
came as gifts . I also passed one (complete saw) on to a neighbor who needed
one . A guy I useta do some machine shop work for gave me a bunch of scrap
metal when he "cleaned out" his shop . Most of it got recycled for cash .

--
Snag