Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 9:1

Baron wrote:
prodded the keyboard with:

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 3:49:13 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
That's the reduction ratio of the unit I'm building for an X axis
power feed for my mill .
Snag

I looked through the scrap yard today and found two motors with
gear reductions that might work well for that. They were from
battery powered wheel chairs. They work, but are noisy. They have a
lever to disconnect the drive.

So maybe you could check with medical supply / repair places and
find something in their scrap that would work well.

Dan

What on earth is wrong with a normal wiper motor ? I have now built
two and they work great ! Tumbler reverse, centre off and variable
speed.

I have a couple of wiper motors , but the worm gear is messed up in both .

--
Snag