Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does copper age harden?

Copper tubing to be exact. I have a couple rolled lengths of soft
copper tube. One length is about 20 years old and the other about 4
years old. Both are the soft copper tubing commonly used for
refrigeration or water. It comes with a plastic cap on each end.
Anyway, my old rolled length, which I discovered the other day when
cleaning out some junk, is much stiffer than the new roll. So I am
wondering if the copper got stiffer over time because the older stuff
is quite a bit harder to bend than the newer stuff.
Eric