Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Swamp Cooler driving friends nuts

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 2:41:38 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:

take the motor to the place

Thanks Gunner, it is three days old, so yes, probably still under warranty. Although one never knows about warranties these days.

They got it from Homedepot, so not sure if they will swap it out. I'll tell him to give them a call.

I have a 1/hp motor from a BD920 lathe and I could probably make a mount to fit but only single speed, but it is almost silent. I wonder if a treadmill motor and speed controller might work. I had/have... (I think) one of those too. Might not like the damp climate inside the swamp-case though.

Thoughts? Anyone?

Dave