Rob

Default Toshiba Television - distorted image

Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out a problem with a
Toshiba 32" television (and save me some bucks along the way too)...

Any image, from any source (TV, Video, etc.) appears distorted...
there is a black band at the bottom of the screen, the entire image is
kind of "smooshed" upwards... for instance, my mother says "People
look like the Coneheads!" Anything at the bottom of the image is very
compressed, and as look farther up the picture, the image spreads out
abnormally. So, a person standing on screen has very short stubby
legs, slightly compressed body, and then a huge head, followed by an
even larger forehead!

To me, this sounds like a tube problem... but I don't know televisions
very well. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Rob
robobo1 at myrealbox dot com