Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scion[_2_] Scion[_2_] is offline

Default Where to buy decent (genuine) mobile phone batteries?

Lobster put finger to keyboard:

Looking for one my son's LG Nexus 4.

Everywhere you look, suppliers say "Genuine LG item" etc but I know from
bitter experience that this is usually twaddle; and it's all too easy to
end up with a fake which expires within weeks.

There's a plausible one on Amazon here, which says by "LG Electronics"
he
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J5LQUHW/ however, lower down the page it
then says "Dispatched from and sold by Glitzy Gizmos" which doesn't
exactly inspire confidence, does it?

In this case it's not even an option (for me) to go back to the
manusfacturer as according to them the battery is not user-replaceable
(although it's perfectly possible if you have half a clue) and it needs
to go back to them to be fixed...

So how to end up with a genuine one?

Thoughts?

Buy one that is "sold by and dispatched from Amazon".